Pages

Thursday, January 12, 2012

number thirty two: the perfect morning drive music

Avicii: Levels



that was what came on my pandora this morning half way through my drive.

i'm one of those people for whom music sets the mood of my day. if something melodramatic comes on, my day or at least moment is likely to be a mellow one. if it starts with Hova, the day is going to have swag. but when something like this, something... with heat... with energy... when the perfect bass driven song plays i can't not want to kick the day's ass. and do so with a full blown, nothing held back, smile on my face. no matter what has been going on in my sad little pretty damn perfect life, when something like this comes blasting through my speakers first thing in the morning, it's like god is giving me permission to make this day my bitch.

picture me: haven't showered in three days, haven't slept in just as many if not more, 20oz sugar free redbull in my hot little hand, heat cranked in the battle wagon i call a subaru. fist pumping (and making moves similar to homeboy in this video, obviously) my FACE off. alone. my fellow drivers who happened to take a gander must have witnessed quite the little show.

it's moments like this, when there's an incredible sunrise showing off how great the mountains look (Washington's lovely lady lumps, in my humble opinion), and i've got something like this making my ears rattle, that i'm reminded that life is good. no matter how much garbage i feel like i'm drowning in.

Turn the Avicii up, turn down the bullshit, and fistpump your morning away. when you get to work and completely show the day who's boss, you'll know who to thank (the electronic synth gods).


1 comment:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Blog Award! Read about it all here: http://snaponbuttons.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-blog-award.html

    xoxo, Katie

    ReplyDelete